Homeownership is a dream for many Americans, but it also presents certain liability risks. An accident or incident that injures a third party could lead to an expensive lawsuit. Without personal liability insurance, the homeowner could lose valuable assets and possibly experience lasting financial consequences.
While a standard homeowners insurance policy can reduce some exposure to risk, it typically comes with low liability limits that can leave the policyholder vulnerable. What’s more, homeowners coverage can be difficult to obtain particularly if there is a claims history, property value change, bankruptcy, or hazard issues on the property.
Prime Can Provide Personal Liability Coverage
Are you an insurance agent or producer seeking protection for a high-risk client? Prime Insurance Company can help by offering excess and surplus lines personal liability coverage that picks up where base policies leave off. We can also provide protection in situations where the insured isn’t eligible for a plan in the standard market. Our programs offer true peace of mind by paying large claims and lawsuit judgments up to the chosen limits and covering legal defense costs.
In addition to recreational equipment and devices that are not covered by traditional insurance, animal liability coverage is also available. Individual liability coverage is important to pet owners because if the canine bites, scratches, knocks down, or causes harm to a third party, liability insurance protection is in place.
Examples of the coverages available to your clients with a custom individual liability insurance plan from Prime include:
- Animal Liability: This insurance covers bites from aggressive breeds that standard policies often exclude, such as pit bulls, Dobermans, and German shepherds.
- ATVs & 4 Wheelers: This coverage provides third-party bodily injury and property damage protection for accidents involving these off-road recreational vehicles.
- Customized Specialty Liability Coverage: This type of plan offers protection for specific incidents listed on the policy.
- Excess Coverage Available: We can provide additional umbrella liability coverage over and above a base policy.
- Excess Flood: This coverage extends the limits available via government-sponsored National Flood Insurance Program plans.
- Homeowners: This insurance covers the basic liability risks that come with owning a home.
- Mobile Home Coverage: This type of plan includes liability protection and contents coverage for owners of mobile or manufactured homes.
- Optional Earthquake & Burglary Coverages: This coverage extends to damages from earthquakes, which are typically excluded under most base homeowners insurance plans, and losses from burglaries and break-ins.
- Personal Property such as Jewelry, Guns, etc.: This insurance offers coverage for the loss or theft of specifically scheduled valuable items.
- Snowmobiles: This plan covers injuries and damage sustained by third parties during the operation of a snowmobile.
- Tenant Liability: This coverage protects property owners and landlords in the wake of injuries or damages to others caused by their tenants.
- Watercraft: This insurance provides third-party coverage for injuries or property damage sustained when policyholders are using their boats or personal watercraft.
“All-in-One” means that you can have multiple coverages under one insurance policy. You can select which coverages you need and reject the ones you don’t need and we’ll craft it into one policy so everything is in one place. You can download our all-in-one personal liability application to see the available coverages you can add and you can then submit the completed app to request a quote.
Individual Liability Coverage Backed by Superior Service
At Prime, we support all our policies with exceptional service. Our in-house underwriting team takes a hands-on approach to the risk evaluation process to offer innovative solutions that meet the insured’s unique coverage requirements. When the time comes to file a claim, we can expedite the settlement procedures and provide legal representation if necessary.
Producer Benefits of Partnering With Prime
Prime can help your business grow in many ways. Besides enabling you to present more personal liability coverage options to your clients, we offer benefits like:
- No minimum production requirements: If you only have a handful of clients who need personal liability coverage, some other insurance partners might not be willing to work with you. At Prime, we don’t have any restrictive minimum production or premium requirements. That means you can write as many or as few policies with us as needed.
- A team approach: We believe in direct contact with producers and their clients at every step. We’ve discovered that a collaborative approach yields the best results for everyone.
- Financial assistance for policyholders: High-risk insurance can be more expensive than traditional coverage due to the increased exposure for the provider. Prime can help you overcome this obstacle by offering premium financing opportunities to your clients. More affordable rates for coverage means more business for you.
- Risk mitigation services: Our in-house risk management team is available to help your clients reduce the likelihood of filing a claim. As a producer, you’ll have another way to lower the policyholder’s insurance-related costs.
A Financial Stable Company With an Excellent Track Record
Prime is proud to have earned an “A” (Excellent) rating from AM Best, which is a testament to our financial strength and stability. We have the resources to pay claims up to the limits of our policies. You can assure your clients that we’ll come through for them when they need us most.
What to Submit
Are you ready to help your clients apply for the personal liability coverage they need to protect their assets and get peace of mind?
Our simplified application process saves time and hassles:
- Complete the General Application. Be sure to include the liability limits required.
- Be sure to specify the address of the property to be insured, including a description of the year(s) the building(s) was built, the protection class, the Actual Cash Value, and a description of any surrounding exposures.
- Be sure to indicate whether you want optional burglary or earthquake coverage.
We’ll then contact you or the applicant by phone to gather additional information.
Do you still have questions about personal liability insurance from Prime? Feel free to give us a call at 800-257-5590 or contact us online today.
Get a Quote!