Commercial Property and Inland Marine

Home / Product Lines / Commercial Property and Inland Marine

Commercial Property Insurance and Inland Marine Insurance

Most businesses own and utilize a broad range of physical assets, like the building or facility, equipment, and inventory. Carrying adequate insurance coverage is essential for protecting these valuable investments from losses resulting from fire, theft, explosions, weather-related, and other perils.

Prime Insurance Company offers custom commercial property and inland marine insurance plans that allow producers to serve their clients’ most urgent protection needs. Trust our years of expertise as an excess and surplus lines carrier to offer solutions and customizable coverage that give policyholders peace of mind.

Commercial Property and Inland Marine policies provide the insured with mono-line coverage for their business locations and equipment using policies such as Motor Truck Cargo, Jeweler’s Block, and Equipment Floater. Theft coverage can be included in any of these policies for an additional charge.


At Prime, we partner with producers and their clients to deliver a tailored, all-in-one insurance approach. As an agent or broker, you’ll have numerous coverage options to offer, enabling you to meet any need. Here’s a look at some of the coverage options we can provide:

  • Basic, Broad, Special Form Coverages Available: Basic insurance covers a limited group of perils. Broad form offers additional perils. Special form covers anything not listed as an exclusion. With Actual Cash Value, Functional Building Valuation, Agreed Value or Replacement cost valuations.
  • Builder’s Risk: This form of business property insurance protects buildings while they’re under construction.
  • Commercial Property/Inland Marine package: This plan enables your policyholders to combine basic commercial property coverage with more comprehensive inland marine protection.
  • Equipment Floaters: This form of inland marine insurance covers listed equipment while under transport from one location to another.
  • Excess Coverage Available: As an excess and surplus lines provider, we can offer coverage limits that exceed standard policies.
  • Excess Flood: These plans offer additional coverage against flood damage over the limits of a standard National Flood Insurance Program.
  • General Liability and Commercial Property Package: This option combines basic third-party liability protection with physical damage coverage.
    • Customized Specialty Liability Coverage: This insurance provides more extensive third-party bodily injury and property damage protection on top of a base general liability plan.
  • Inland Marine: An inland marine insurance policy covers damage from incidents such as collisions or cargo theft for equipment transported via land.
  • Jeweler’s Block: This type of plan covers physical loss or damage to items such as jewelry or precious metals entrusted to the policyholder. It also covers items that the insured entrusts to others.
  • Optional Theft Coverage: This policy endorsement covers losses due to the theft of specified business assets.
  • Vacant Property, Building, Land: This insurance protects against incidents that occur at a facility or parcel of land while it is empty.
  • Wind & Earthquake: This plan covers business property damage caused by severe winds or earthquakes.

We Take the Risks That Others Won’t

Whether your clients need basic property insurance or another form of business coverage, Prime can cover risks that others tend to avoid. We take applicants who have an extensive claims history that often prevents them from getting coverage elsewhere. You’ll be able to offer a full umbrella of insurance protection for your clients, giving you more opportunities to grow your business.

Other Producer Benefits of Partnering With Prime

As an agent or broker, choosing Prime to fill your clients’ general property insurance needs offers numerous advantages for your business. We offer:

  • No minimum premium requirements: Some companies only offer high-risk coverage to high-premium clients, but we do things differently. Our willingness to write small and large business property insurance policies gives you more opportunities to expand your portfolio.
  • A focus on relationships: We strive to build lasting partnerships with the producers we serve. We strive to make and maintain personal connections that will allow you to offer the best insurance solutions to your clients and bolster your policyholder retention efforts. You’ll appreciate our approach during challenging times — like when a client must file a substantial claim.
  • Multistate coverage: If you’re like many commercial property insurance producers, you have a license and write business in more than one state. Prime offers multistate coverage, allowing you to expand the scope of your operations and meet your growth objectives.
  • Specialized expertise: While some of our competitors only dabble in excess and surplus lines insurance, it’s all we do at Prime. You can trust us to understand what you and your clients need your coverage to do — and we’ll find the most efficient, cost-effective way to make it happen.

Excellent Services From a Highly Rated Insurance Provider

Prime is a stable insurance partner that’s earned an “A” (Excellent) rating from AM Best. Prime has also earned a Financial Stability Rating® of A” (A Double Prime), Unsurpassed, from Demotech, Inc. The most current Financial Stability Rating® must be verified by visiting

We have the resources to handle claims and meet all our other financial obligations. We also stand behind our policies with superior service. Our in-house underwriting team offers flexible coverage solutions tailored to your clients’ unique needs. And when the time comes for the policyholder to file a claim, we’ll handle it promptly and professionally. Risk management services are also available to help your clients reduce the likelihood of an incident.

What to Submit

You and your clients will benefit from our simplified application process:

  • Complete the General Application.
  • For Commercial Property risks, be sure to specify the address of the property to be insured, including a description of the year(s) the building(s) was built, the protection class, the Actual Cash Value, and a description of any surrounding exposures.
  • For Inland Marine risks, submit a schedule of property that includes identification numbers and cash values per unit.

Once we’ve received your application, we’ll review it promptly and set up a time to discuss your circumstances further. We’ll then issue a no-obligation quote for your approval.

To learn more about commercial property and inland marine insurance from Prime, call us at 1-800-257-5590 or contact us online at today.

Get a Quote!