Commercial Auto Insurance
Companies or individuals that use vehicles in the course of their business face high exposure to risk. Prime Insurance Company can give your clients true peace of mind by offering custom liability insurance that reduces their vulnerability. These plans can prevent the loss of business and personal assets in the event of an unfavorable legal judgment or claim settlement. They also cover the policyholder’s legal expenses.
Prime can help your clients obtain commercial auto insurance for various vehicles used for business purposes. We can help long-haul truckers, cab and limo drivers, medical transport services, and other policyholders get customizable options that meet their unique needs. We support our plans with exceptional service, too.
Turn to us for all your business automobile insurance needs if you represent clients in Illinois, Nevada, Florida, New Jersey, Massachusetts, South Carolina, North Carolina, New Mexico, Kentucky, or Kansas. Policies are available through our admitted carrier, Prime Property & Casualty Insurance Inc.
For the state of New York, we can only write excess auto liability and any non-primary auto-related risk that has been declined by an admitted carrier.
For a full breakdown of states of authority, click here.
Secondary auto such as drive-away or non-owned auto coverage is available in all states.
The benefits of partnering with Prime for your clients’ taxi insurance and other business auto insurance needs include:
- Solutions-based and opportunistic: We specialize in solutions that are outside of the box. Working with us ensures you can recommend coverage that serves your clients’ best interests.
- Creative/flexible underwriting supports all businesses: (new, experienced, claims history issues, small, large, growing fleets, new CDLs, etc.)
- Prime’s Partnership Approach: (long-term, hands-on relationship): We support our producers and their clients through every step of the insurance journey, from underwriting to the claims process.
- Extraordinary claims results: Our attorneys and other in-house claims professionals will work hard to achieve the best outcome for every policyholder, even if it entails extensive litigation.
- We’re equipped to ride the industry waves and take our insure’s under our wing: For example, our risk management services help policyholders reduce the likelihood of filing a claim.
- We don’t ever exit risk classes, regions, or states: We’re thoroughly prepared to navigate the rough seas that often accompany high-risk insurance.
- We provide coverage to truckers that have UIIA contracts: We can ensure your trucker clients have the protection they need when engaging in these unique contractual arrangements.
Our commercial auto insurance plans can include the following coverages:
- Commercial Auto Liability (primary auto not available in all states): This coverage compensates third parties for injuries or property damage due to an accident caused by the policyholder or a covered employee.
- Commercial Auto Physical Damage: This type of plan covers damage to the vehicles owned by the policyholder’s company when colliding with another vehicle or object or from incidents such as theft, fire, and vandalism.
- Commercial Truck Coverage: This insurance provides coverage for tractor-trailers and similar vehicles owned by the insured’s business in areas such as liability, damaged property or commodities, accidents at delivery locations, and false advertising claims.
- Contingent Auto Liability: This coverage protects freight brokers and forwarders in the event of damage or injuries caused by the drivers they hire.
- Customized Specialty Liability Coverage: This plan provides liability protection for special events staged by a business, such as fundraisers, conventions, and off-site conferences.
- Dealer Plate/ Transport Plate Liability: This insurance offers coverage when transporting unregistered vehicles from one location to another, such as driving newly purchased company vehicles from the dealer’s lot to the business’s facility.
- Drive Away Coverage: This type of plan provides liability coverage for towing or repossession companies when transporting a vehicle to a destination such as a garage or a car lot.
- Excess Auto Liability: This insurance offers additional liability coverage for catastrophic accidents that cause significant injuries or death.
- Hired & Non-Owned Auto (HNOA): This coverage provides liability protection for accidents involving vehicles a business uses for work purposes but does not own.
- Motor Truck Cargo: For-hire truckers typically need this form of liability insurance to cover damage to cargo while it’s in their possession.
- New Operators Coverage: This type of plan is available to newer drivers who don’t meet the two years’ experience threshold that many trucking operations require to be eligible for coverage under the company’s insurance plan.
- Terminal Operation: This insurance for owners and operators of trucking terminals covers damage to cargo while under their custody, care and control.
Commercial Auto Coverage From a Stable Provider
Producers and their clients both want to work with a reliable insurance partner they can count on when the time comes. Prime has received an “A” (Excellent) rating from AM Best, a leading domestic and international credit rating agency serving the insurance industry for nearly 25 years. We have the financial resources to pay all our claims, providing true peace of mind.
Prime has also earned a Financial Stability Rating® of A” (A Double Prime), Unsurpassed, from Demotech, Inc. The most current Financial Stability Rating® must be verified by visiting www.demotech.com. We have the resources to handle claims and meet all our other financial obligations.
Straightforward Application Process and Fast Quotes
We’ve streamlined the process of obtaining commercial auto insurance, making it easier for producers and their clients. Start by filling out and submitting the application and providing the supporting documentation. Our underwriting team will be in touch quickly to schedule a convenient phone call and discuss the application in more detail. We’ll then review all the information and issue a no-obligation quote as soon as possible.
Free MVR eBook
Driver safety is the biggest source of fleet liability risk. Whether a business has a fleet of trucks or just one or two salespeople on the road, it could be at risk for a costly lawsuit. Many companies don’t realize they have an important duty of care to do all they can to ensure they put only safe drivers on the roads. An MVR on each driver, monitored monthly, can help the company achieve this- driver after driver.
Download this FREE ebook to learn about MVR Monitoring and Reporting in the Transportation Industry to share with your clients so they can use it as a guideline!
What To Submit:
- Complete the General Application. Be sure to include requested limits of liability and an indication of whether Personal Injury Protection, Underinsured Motorist Protection, and/or Uninsured Motorist Protection is required.
- A schedule of vehicles to be insured, including year, make and model, VIN, cash value of the vehicle, and radius of operation.
- A schedule of drivers to be insured, including name, date of birth, driver license number, and state of issue.
- A list of all state financial responsibility filings required.
- 5 years currently valued loss runs.
Contact Us to Learn More
Discover how a custom commercial auto insurance plan from Prime can reduce your clients’ liability exposure. Contact us to start the quoting process today. You can also call us at 1-800-257-5590.
Get a Quote!