5 Crucial Safety Tips for Operating a Mechanical Bull
Operating a mechanical bull can be a fun and exciting addition to any event, but it also comes with its share of risks. As an insurance producer, it’s essential to be aware of the safety tips for operating a mechanical bull and ensure that your clients have the proper insurance coverage in place. In this blog post, we will discuss 5 crucial safety tips for operating a mechanical bull and the importance of having mechanical bull liability insurance.
- Properly train operators: One of the most important safety tips for operating a mechanical bull is ensuring that the operators are adequately trained. This includes understanding the controls, knowing how to perform routine maintenance, and being able to recognize potential hazards. A well-trained operator can help prevent accidents and ensure a safe experience for riders.
- Establish and enforce rider guidelines: To minimize the risk of injury, it’s essential to have clear guidelines for riders. This includes age and weight restrictions, as well as rules for behavior while on the mechanical bull. Make sure that all riders are aware of these guidelines and that they are enforced consistently.
- Regularly inspect and maintain the mechanical bull: Like any piece of machinery, a mechanical bull requires regular inspection and maintenance to ensure it remains in safe working condition. This includes checking for wear and tear, ensuring all parts are securely fastened, and addressing any potential hazards promptly.
- Use appropriate safety equipment: Providing riders with the necessary safety equipment can help reduce the risk of injury. This may include helmets, padding around the mechanical bull, and a soft landing area in case of falls. It’s common to see an inflatable ring to help reduce impact when the rider falls. In addition, having a trained staff member on hand to assist riders with mounting and dismounting the bull can further enhance safety.
- Obtain mechanical bull liability insurance: Despite taking all possible precautions, accidents can still happen. That’s why one of the most critical safety tips for operating a mechanical bull is to have mechanical bull liability insurance in place. This coverage can help protect your clients from the financial consequences of accidents and injuries related to the mechanical bull.
Mechanical Bull Injury Statistics
A study published in 2021 analyzed mechanical bull-riding injuries treated at United States emergency departments (EDs) from 2000 to 2020 using data from the National Electronic Injury Surveillance System (NEISS). The study aimed to characterize mechanical bull-riding injuries, as the literature on such injuries is limited.
One key statistic mentioned that a total of 801 mechanical bull-riding injuries were treated at a sample of US EDs during 2000-2020, resulting in a national estimate of 27,903 such injuries (95% confidence interval 21,915-33,891).
The study concluded that the highest proportion of mechanical bull-riding injuries involved patients aged 20-29 years, with the majority of injuries occurring due to falling or being thrown from the mechanical bull. The most common types of injuries were strains or sprains (31.1%), fractures (23.6%), and contusions or abrasions (14.5%).
Why Prime is the Ideal Partner for Mechanical Bull Insurance
At Prime Insurance Company, we understand the unique risks associated with operating a mechanical bull. That’s why we offer comprehensive mechanical bull insurance to help protect your clients from potential liability. Our policies are tailored to meet the specific needs of your clients, ensuring that they have the coverage they need to operate their mechanical bull safely and confidently.
In addition to our mechanical bull insurance, we also offer a Tru Umbrella product for those who already have an insurance policy that they believe covers their mechanical bull. The trust is, most insurance policies have gap or exclusions that leave people and businesses exposed. Our Tru Umbrella policy can fill the gaps or exclusions in their existing policy, providing additional protection and peace of mind. With Prime’s Tru Umbrella, your clients can rest assured that they have the most comprehensive coverage possible for their mechanical bull.
Partnering with Prime Insurance Company means you’re working with a company that specializes in property and casualty insurance for specialty and unique risks. Our in-house underwriting, policy services, and risk management teams work together to provide the most reliable coverage for liability risks, including mechanical bull insurance. With over 40 years of success and growth, you can trust Prime to be a committed and dependable resource for you and your clients.
In conclusion, understanding the safety tips for operating a mechanical bull and having the proper mechanical bull insurance in place is crucial for your clients. By partnering with Prime Insurance Company, you can ensure that your clients have the coverage they need to operate their mechanical bull safely and confidently. Contact us today to learn more about our mechanical bull insurance and Tru Umbrella coverage options.
If you want to get a quote for mechanical bull insurance, head over to our inflatables insurance page. Please note you can still get a quote even if the mechanical bull does not have an inflatable component. Prime can cover many types of mechanical bulls!